The Rotaract Club of IISU aims at an overall development on its students.
Objectives of the Club
Achievements of the club
2. POPULATION EDUCATION CLUB
Population Education Club exists in about 1400 Universities and Colleges throughout the country. These clubs have been set up by the UGC in collaboration with the Department of Adult and Continuing Education as a part of their "Population and Development Programme". PEC-ICG organizes seminars, workshops, lectures and competitions to sensitize the youth about issues related to population explosion.
1)Slogan competition and book exhibition on “Population Control & Its Awareness”.
2)Hindi Debate on “Free Girl-Child Education”, a symbol of gender discrimination.
The IIS University along with the Centre For Mass Communication, University of Rajasthan celebrated 19th World Population Day with the support of United Nations Population Fund (U.N.F.P.A) at IIIM auditorium on 11th july, 2008. The chief Guest for the day was Dr.Mahendra Surana, an Ex-IAS Officer and Host of famous show Prashnottari. Other esteemed Guests were Dr. Pratibha Jain, Ex-Director, centre for women studies,University of Rajasthan, Professor S.C.Mathur from Sawai Man Singh Medical College and Mr. Suneel Thomas, Rajasthan Coordinator, U.N.F.P.A.
A screening of Pakistani Film, ‘Bol’ (written, directed, and produced by Shoaib Mansoor) was held for students of Media, Geography and Sociology.
3. CENTRE FOR WOMENS' STUDIES
The Centre for Women’s Studies (CWS) was established in 2005. It works for the generation of awareness and dissemination of knowledge related to women’s issues through educational training programmes and extension activities, in and around the college campus. It promotes women’s role in society.
1. Book exhibition - 3rd to 11th March 2011
2. Poster Competition
Population Education Club and Centre for Women’s Studies in collaboration with Hindi Department organized a poster making competition on the following issues: Female Infanticide, Dowry , Water Conservation. The posters were displayed and prizes were distributed on 29th September 2010, the last day of the Hindi Pakhwada.
3. Debate - The Centre further collaborated with the Population Education Club and Hindi Department to organize a debate competition in Hindi on 14th October 2010 on the topic, ‘Kanyaa bhroon hatya ki uttardayee naari hee hai’.
4. Field visits - On 11th October 2010 students of NSS and Human Development were guided to visit Balika Sadan, an organization for orphan girls. They visited State Commission for Women the next day.
5. Conference on Domestic Violence on Women - NSS volunteers of the IIS university attended the inaugral session of this conference organised by the Police Academy, Jaipur on 13th December 2010. The Chief Guest was Dr. Girija Vyas, chairperson, NCW.
6. Picture Exhibition (28TH February to 3rd March) - The them of the picture exhibition was "Representing Indian Women 1875 - 1947, A Visual DOcumentary. Dr. Chandramani Singh, director [documentaion], Jawahar Kala Kendra inaugrated the exhibition
7. Poster exhibition
8. Round table workshop/discussion - Centre for Women Studies organized a Round Table Discussion/Workshop on “Women’s Visibility in Syllabuses” at the IISU, Jaipur on 11th December 2010.
4. ICG THEATRICAL SOCIETY
ICG Theatrical Society has been initiated with a view to acquainting students with the finer nuances of theatre and drama. The society organizes lectures, demonstrations by eminent theatre personalities, study tours and conducts drama workshops focusing on different facets of theatre. The key feature of the ICG Theatrical Society is a full length play staged annually.